BIANCHI is the most ancient bicycle factory in the world, founded by Edoardo Bianchi (who actually started his business with the production of bikes and cars), in Milan in 1885. After a few years he was invited by Queen Margherita of Savoia to the court to teach her how to ride a bicycle, becoming the official royal furnisher and he was allowed to use the royal crest on his products. The typical Bianchi’s light blue frame color made its first appearance in 1913. During the first World War Bianchi gave bicycles to the Italian army. It sponsored and supplied many famous cyclists, for example Giovanni Gerbi, Fausto Coppi (he won five times the Giro d’Italia and two times the Tour de France), Costante Girardengo, Felice Gimondi and Marco Pantani.